Site Feed

Monday, June 21, 2004

Tying the knot...

Yeap, after tying the knot, things have certainly changed a lot. It is indeed a new chapter or a new framework or C # syntax in my life. To prove this right, everyday, I wake up hearing “you are very late, get up, and have your coffee” …racketing starts from this moment…ends only when my wify snoozes. Daily she tries different cuisine… sometime the food is edible, some days it is not so edible, but most of the time, I enjoy eating delicious food preparation. I must tell you the pineapple ice-cream incident…in an attempt to show off her cooking skills, my other half called me at my cell saying that she preparing pineapple ice cream and to relish this dish I have to come back soon. Well! I thought she’s really going to do something delicious…after five hours, another call from her. … In a rather low voice … “three spoons of vanilla essence and the pineapple ice-cream is bitter… I have spent cashew, condensed milk everything foolishly.” I wanted to laugh loudly, suppressed my laughter, and said it’s Ok. It happens. I’m sure for another year she will never talk about making an ice cream!!!!

When we went to Kerala, she was my official navigator. She was supposed to read the map and steer our way. She proved that she was very good at pointing mistakes; she didn’t even leave the sign boards, mileage boards, ad boards, and an announcement board too. When I asked her stop commenting about mistakes on the signboards, she used to say, pouting, “You asked me to keep on eye on these boards and when I do my piece of work correctly, you setback, this is unfair…

Throughout our journey, she never seized to make comments about Kerala and its signboards.

After reaching Munnar, she started praising Munnar and said this is certainly heaven on earth…. beautiful tea gardens, breath-taking view, mind-boggling trees and pleasant weather. She couldn’t resist getting into tea estate. Because of rain, the area was a bit damp. I warned her several times that to be careful about leeches. There are plenty of leeches around during this season. She said, I’m wearing sneakers, I don’t think it can bite…don’t worry…she was hopping all around. Took many pictures and walked around, when she started feeling little hungry, she said shall we go … I just took a turn from where we stopped; all of a sudden, I heard a loud cry…”Leech. Leech…stop the car…. where’s the tissue paper…Stop please…somehow she managed to throw tiny leech out of her shoes…she was relived….at next junction where I saw a nice scenery I asked her step out, she said “NO”…I’m not getting out….. Leeches all around….

Knowing my partner, I’m certain that such incidents are going to occur very frequently. I’m looking forward to it…. :o)